Like with the fake Astrotrain, there are no really obvious tells like typos, missing details, etc. for the counterfeit. Instead, it has a lot of slight differences, many of which are shared with other countefeits from Zhong Jin.
- Like many Zhong Jin fakes, the sun burst behind the character art does not look right. It's an extremely bright yellow and it just doesn't have the same gradual fade around it that the real thing does. Also, the grid lines are hard to see inside the sunburst on the fake.
- The grid lines are thicker and brighter. They really stand out on the fake. This is also fairly common among the Zhong Jin counterfeits.
- On the counterfeit, the fade from black to purple in the background has too much black, not enough purple.
- Blitzwing does not come with the rubsign pre-applied. It comes on a separate sticker sheet. If the box is sealed, you may be able to use this to identify a fake.
- The wheels on the counterfeit are thinner than on a real Blitzwing. See below:
- Blitzwing comes with his Japanese sticker sheet rather than his western sticker sheet. You can tell the difference because of the "Transformers" logo in Japanese rather than English.